Imagine, you are watching your favorite YouTube video, and suddenly you encounter a black screen from nowhere. How it’s gonna feel? Despite being the number one platform for video content, YouTube is also famous for various issues and glitches, YouTube Black Screen being one of them. There is no particular time when you are going to face this issue or any particular reason behind it. But according to experts, the common reasons can be, ad blockers, browser via which you are using YouTube, or connectivity issues with your network provider.
Regardless of the reason because which you are facing YouTube black screen, we are here to give you a 100% working method to fix this issue. So, relax, it’s time to resume watching your favorite YouTube video.
Reason Behind YouTube Black Screen
A YouTube black screen indicates that the video that you are willing to watch has failed to load because of some particular reasons. The reason behind this problem could be from your end, or from the YouTube server itself.
If the problem lies from your end hardware- Try updating your web browser, disable your ad blocker, give a restart to your device, or try to restart your network hardware.
But in any case, if the problem has occurred because of an issue with the YouTube server or because of your internet connectivity, then there isn’t anything that you can do other than waiting.
Here are some minor reasons because of which you face YouTube black screen, along with their solution.
- Browser Issue: It might be possible that you haven’t updated your browser for a long time, there are lots of cache data stored on the browser. You can fix this problem by downloading the latest update of your browser, giving your browser a restart, or clearing all the cache data by going to settings.
- Malfunctioning ad-blockers: Ad-blockers are very important to keep you away from irritating ads, but sometimes things don’t go as you want them to go. If there is an error with the ad blocker, then it will affect the video playback of YouTube instead of stopping ads. Disable them to fix the issue.
- Network Problem: If you are having a slow internet connection, or have some issues with your network provider, then it’s going to affect your experience with the YouTube playback. Improve your internet connectivity to resolve the issue.
- YouTube Black Screen On Mobile: If you are facing the black screen issue while streaming YouTube videos from your mobile, then you should clear the YouTube app data and after that restart the phone to fix the issue.
How To Solve The Youtube Black Screen Problem?
If the above-mentioned reasons are not responsible for the issue that you are facing. Then there are 5 more solutions that you can try to fix the issue.
1. Age-Restricted Video
If you are facing YouTube black screen, it might be possible that you are trying to watch a video that age-restricted or that is not available in your country. For both reasons, you can’t do anything other than confirming your age.
2. Sign-Out Of Your Google Account
According to experts, the best way to tackle the black screen issue is by logging out from your YouTube account. Just click on the account icon present at the top right corner, after that click on sign out.
3. Clear Your Browser Cache Data And Cookies
Many times, if you haven’t cleared your browser cache data then it might put you in some troubles like YouTube black screen. That’s why it’s always recommended to keep clearing cache data every couple of days. Here’s what you need to do to clear cache data on Microsoft edge, the process is almost the same for all the browsers.
- Go to Settings, and then Privacy, search, and services.
- Scroll down a bit, and under the clear browsing data section click on, “Choose what to clear”.
- Tick all the boxes, and then click on clear now.
4. Check Adobe Flash Player
90% of the web browsers have Adobe Flash Player pre-installed in them. But in any case, if you are using an outdated Adobe Flash Player, then you might come across an error like YouTube black screen. For fixing this, install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player by visiting its official website.
5. Disable Hardware Acceleration
We use hardware acceleration for improving the visual performance, it is done by assigning the task to GPU instead of CPU. However, you might come across some errors because of doing these experimental changes. For fixing this, you must say all the hardware acceleration.
For disabling the hardware acceleration on Google Chrome, follow the below-mentioned steps. (The process is almost the same on every Browser)
- Go to settings, after that click on the Advanced option.
- Now click on system, after that disable “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- Restart your browser, and check whether it has fixed the black screen issue or not.
Well, these are all the ways that you can try to fix the YouTube black screen issue. We have mentioned 9 different methods to fix the issue, and hope they will work for you. If you are aware of any other method to fix the issue, share it with us in the comment section. Moreover, don’t forget to put in your thoughts and suggestion regarding this post in the comments.