Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps on the internet. The popularity of Snapchat goes beyond your mobile operating system be it Android, iOS, etc. It can barely get categorized under social media app as it is mainly a photo-sharing app. You can send and receive photos from your friends and families. You can also send messages to them. You can find a ton of filters to try from and even make your own filters.
You can also play small games with or without your friends. You can video call or call your friends through Snapchat. The most fun part about Snapchat video calling is that you can use filters in them. Makes everything perfectly splendid! The only thing that ruins the fun sometimes is that you can’t screenshot on Snapchat. In this article, you will learn, how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
How to Take Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
Snapchat has a messenger where you can add and talk to friends. But if you are having a very funny conversation with photos or videos, you might want to share with others without the other person knowing isn’t possible. When you take a screenshot on Snapchat of a photo or video it shows that you have taken a screenshot on the message box.
It can sometimes get pretty awkward if you aren’t that close. Well taking screenshots without them knowing wasn’t possible until you came across this article. Don’t worry we have more than one working ways to get that screenshot.
1. Use Another Device
This is a pretty self-explanatory way. All you need to do is grab another phone or device that captures a picture or if ts a video you can record a video too. It might not have the best resolution and you might not get the full-on experience and clarity but it’s better than not having the experience at all.
At least you can avoid the awkwardness. It’s a pretty easy solution to your screenshot problem if you don’t have issues with the clarity and resolution being low.
If you want this to stay on your device then you can just send it through your phone through text or Bluetooth or whatever way you prefer.
2. Clear Cache on Snapchat
If you have only one picture to screenshot on Snapchat then this is the method you can use. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Don’t open the message and wait until they send the snap/it shows New Snap.
- Press the home button to navigate away from the app without closing it.
- Turn on the Airplane mode or turn off your internet access. Now open your chat and screenshot the snap.
- Go to your profile (the circle at the top left of your screen), which should display either your Bitmoji or My Story.
- Click on the cog in the top right to open Settings. Now go to Clear Cache > Clear All.
- Now you have the screenshot you need.
Don’t panic none of the data will be erased but Snapchat might restart. So, be patient. You can turn on your internet access but find that there is no such text as “You took a screenshot.”
3. Record Your Screen
Whether it’s a video or the chat history you can always keep them with you in the form of videos through screen recorders. These come in real handy while recording chats without the other person knowing. Some phones might have inbuilt screen recorders and even if you don’t you can always download one from your app stores.
1. For Android Devices
AZ Screen Recorder is the best one out there it has all the features you might require including video editing.
2. For iOS Devices
You might not need one as there is usually a built-in screen recorder but by any chance, if you are looking for an external one Record it! is the best one.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open Snapchat.
- Now click on the screen record option on your screen or in the notifications bar and start recording.
- Now go to the chatbox and find the snap or chat you wanted to screenshot.
- Once you are all done, stop the recording.
- Now you have the snap/chat you wanted in your gallery.
4. Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a must on all Android devices. The features are amazing and make your usage of your phone fuss-free. It is a lifesaver for busy people. But it can also save you from a future awkward conversation. But not all Android Devices have this but if you do then this can help you screenshot on Snapchat with them knowing.
All you need to do is ask Google “Ok google what’s on my screen?”.
But you need to follow a few steps before that:
- Open Google Assistant. Say “Ok Google Open Assistant Settings“.
- When the settings open navigate to All Settings>General>Use screen context.
- Turn on the user’s screen context and you are all good to go.
The only problem is that not all languages or countries have this feature so you might not get the chance to avail of this feature.
5. Phone Recents
Yes, your Phone’s Recent feature can come in handy when trying to take screenshots on Snapchat without them knowing. All you need to do is open the snap and press the home button. You can now take a screenshot and they will never know.
If you want the picture to be nice and clear you can crop it and it will look like any ordinary screenshot but with a little less resolution.
Here are some easy steps you need to follow:
- Clear all the background apps and then open Snapchat.
- Open the snap/chat you want the screenshot of.
- Now go to recent with the snap/chat still open on Snapchat.
- Take a screenshot and you are good to go.
Here are the different ways to get a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. These are definitely going to work every single time. But we hope that you use these articles wisely and in a positive way. It is recommended that you don’t hamper anyone’s personal space or misuse them against them in any way.
It’s in everyone’s best interest to ask for permission before you share their vulnerable or personal information with anyone, even if they are close to them. We hope that this article comes in handy. Have a nice day!