Hey you all, are you looking for those posts which you accidentally deleted from your Instagram? You are at the very right place. Here we will tell you all about bringing back all those Instagram posts that you deleted or archived once from your profile. We will together learn how to see deleted Instagram posts so that, from the next time we aren’t so afraid after losing them. As the saying goes, “there’s always an alternative to everything”.
- 1 How to Recover Your Deleted Instagram Posts?
How to Recover Your Deleted Instagram Posts?
We will tell you in detail about some of the ways which can help in recovering those posts which got deleted or archived from our Instagram account. Let’s read about those methods one by one.
1. Check The Instagram Archive Feature
First and foremost you should head towards your Instagram account and then, look for the very famous Archive feature of Instagram. Here’s how you can do so:
- First of all, open Instagram, this app looks like a camera icon. It will ask you to login with your ID and password, so just simply log into your account.
- Now, go to your profile. For this, you have to click your profile picture or silhouette which is located on the lower right side of the screen.
- As you open your profile, you will see a three-line icon at the right uppermost corner. Click on it.
- A menu of context will slide out. From those options, click on “Archive”. A list of your archived stories/posts will appear.
- Tap the Archive drop down and from there click on “Posts Archive”, to see all those posts which have been archived.
- A list of your archived posts will appear on the screen, now you can see the posts you might have removed from your profile. To recover it back, click on the three dots which will appear as you’ll open an image.
- You will see the option of “Show On Profile”. Tap on it to unarchive those posts.
2. Look Into Your Phone Gallery
As you post an image on Instagram, it also saves a copy of your posts in your gallery. So you can look into your gallery or some files to get those images that you deleted from your Instagram account. We will here tell you to do so for both Android/iOS users:
1. For Android
NOTE: There’s one drawback to this method and that is you will find the Instagram folder only if you have enabled the feature of Instagram which lets you save your posts locally.
- Tap on “Internal Storage”. You can find this option listed below “Recent files” and “Categories”.
- Look for the folder named “Pictures”.
- Now as you click on that folder, find a folder under the name of Instagram. In this folder, you will find all the images/videos, that you might have posted on Instagram.
2. For iPhone/iPad
- Open Photos app. This is a pre-installed app on your iPhone and iPad.
- Tap the Albums icon which is at the bottom of the screen and mostly the second last in the row.
- Look for an album on Instagram and click on it.
- Here, you’ll find all the photos/videos that you might have deleted from the app but got saved in this folder.
3. Recover Instagram Photos Using Google Drive And iCloud
Many people use either Google Photos/Drive or iCloud to save their pictures and videos safely. So it is great if you look into them and find a backup copy and then you can easily restore your Instagram posts. Here’s how to see deleted Instagram posts using Google Photos or iCloud:
1. Using Google Photos Or Google Drive
- Navigate to Google Photos.
- Now look for your image in all the albums.
- You can even look for those images in Trash.
- On Google Drive, you can look for your deleted Instagram posts in Trash, and when you find them just click on “Restore”.
2. Using iCloud
You can also restore your photos from the iCloud backup file. You just have to click on Restore from iCloud backup and then log in with your iCloud account and then, choose the backup you want to look into.
4. Recoverit Photo Recovery Tool
Recoverit Photo Recovery is a photo recovery software that helps you to recover data from any device. It is really easy to use. It works seamlessly on both Windows and Mac.
Here’s how you can see deleted Instagrams photos through this software:
- Select the location where you want to locate your lost Instagram photos/videos.
- Now, click the “Start” button to begin with the process.
- You have to now scan the photo storage location. This tool will perform an “All-Around Recovery” scan, and once the scanning finishes you can preview those images.
- After the photo recovery, all you have to do is select those pictures, you should look for your photos under the folder “Instagram” and then click on “Recover”.
And that is it, you are all done. Although no app can assure you a 100% recovery rate when it comes to bringing back those images/videos that once got deleted from your apps. So, take preventive measures and it is suggested that rather than deleting you should archive your Instagram posts.
So, I guess it’s a wrap. We have come to the end of this article and have suggested to you all the possible ways we could help you retrieve your deleted Instagram posts. I hope this article helps you in finding those images back!
More How-To Guides: