Launched back in 2015, LG G4 is one of the greatest hits of LG smartphones. The features that you get along with this smartphone are unmatched when compared to smartphones launched in that year. But as we all know, Android is quite a complex mobile operating system, and you can customize your smartphone by working on different modes that come along with it. Entering LG G4 recovery mode, and customizing this smartphone is one of the most unique modes for Android. By entering the recovery mode, you can disable all the third-party applications that are slowing down your smartphone and causing other problems.
So, if you are carrying LG G4 with you, and want to enter its recovery mode in this is the best place where you need to be. Here, we will talk about, what does a recovery mode means, and how to enter LG G4 recovery mode, and do some customization.
What Is Recovery Mode?
Android OS is an ocean of knowledge on its own, it comes along with recovery mode features that give users access to fixing problems that are caused in their Android smartphones or tablets. Using to recovery mode feature of your Android device you can do stuff like: resetting the phone, cleaning data, installing new OS updates, and backup and restore your data.
In any case, if your smartphone is not responding properly, it is facing a boot looping problem, getting hanged every time, or OS is getting crashed now and then, then in all these case, you need to visit the recovery mode of your smartphone.
Using the recovery mode, you will be able to boot your device using another bootable partition and solve all the issues related to your smartphone with ease.
How To Enter LG G4 Recovery Mode?
In general, different brands of smartphones have different ways of accessing their respective recovery modes. If you are owning a Samsung smartphone, you can enter its recovery mode using the key combination “Home Button + Volume Up +Power Button”. If you are owning a Sony Xperia smartphone, you can enter its recovery mode by using the key combination “Volume Up + Power Down”.
But in this post, we are going to take a detailed review on how to enter LG G4 recovery mode using different methods.
1. Using Hardware Keys
Just like others smartphones, you can enter the recovery mode of your LG G4 by pressing some keys simultaneously. Here’s, what you need to do to enter the LG G4 recovery mode using hardware keys.
- First of all, switch off your device.
- Now keep holding the key combination, “Power Button + Volume Down” until you see the LG logo on your screen.
- Now stop holding both buttons for a few seconds.
- Again use the same key combination to enter the “Recovery mode“.
- Keep on pressing the button until you see a colored text appearing on your mobile screen.
- The color text indicates that you have entered the Recovery mode.
Wasn’t it damn easy to enter the recovery mode? But be careful while using the Recovery mode feature of your smartphone, you should have the knowledge that why are you using recovery mode.
2. Using The ADB Commands
For this method, you must be having a computer or a laptop with you that has Android SDK installed in it. Before getting into this method, you need to enable the USB debugging feature on your smartphone. For enabling USB debugging, Go to Settings, About Phone, and keep taping on Build numbers until it displays the message “You are in Developer Mode!”.
Now go to additional settings, scroll down, and under the debugging tag, enable the USB debugging option. Once you have enabled the USB debugging option, follow the below-mentioned steps to enter the LG G4 recovery mode using the ADB commands.
- Connect your LG G4 with your computer using a USB cable.
- Now go to the location where you have installed Android SDK on your computer.
- Open Command prompt on your computer, and type the CMD command “ADB reboot recovery”, and then press enter.
- Now your Android device, LG G4 will automatically reboot in recovery mode.
For this method to work properly, make sure you have the latest Android SDK installed on your computer. Here’s the direct download link to download the latest version of Android SDK.
3. Using Third-Party Application
Play Store is a very wide platform and contains apps for almost everything that you can think of. Quick Reboot is an app available on the Play Store using which you can enter Recovery mode of almost all Android smartphones. But not that you need to have a rooted device for using this app.
- Download and install Quick Reboot on your LG G4 via Play Store.
- Now it’s very easy, follow the instructions that appear on your screen to enter the recovery mode.
- Wait until your device is rebooted, it might take 2 to 3 minutes to complete the whole process, depending on your device specification.
Once you have entered the Recovery Mode, you can do whatever changes you want to do with your smartphone.
So, these are 3 different methods using which you can enter LG G4 recovery mode and customize your smartphone as per your need. All the mentioned methods are 100% working, and you can completely rely on them. If you are aware of any other method for entering recovery mode let us know in the comments, moreover, don’t forget to share your feedback and suggestions regarding this post.