The name of Driver Easy always comes in the top search list when you type keywords like driver updater on the internet. It is one of the best ways by which you can easily update your drivers and resolve problems related to it. But the main question that arises in our mind Is Driver Easy Safe to use or not? Is it the best method to resolve your driver problems?
This article will try to clear all your doubts regarding Driver Easy and its credibility towards your computer. So, let’s get started.
- 1 What Exactly is Driver Easy?
- 2 Is Driver Easy Safe or A Malware?
- 3 How Is Driver Easy Performance-Wise?
- 4 Is Driver Easy Worth Buying?
- 5 Some Questions Regarding Driver Easy:
- 6 Final Take
What Exactly is Driver Easy?
According to Easeware, the developer of Driver Easy, Driver Easy is one of the most popular and powerful utility software available in the market. Using it, you can easily scan, update, and resolve any issues related to your system drivers. In simple words, Driver Easy is a software that helps to update drivers automatically in Windows.
Features Of Driver Easy:
- Driver Easy comes with the Offline Scan features that install network drivers even without an internet connection.
- It allows you to update drivers one by one manually.
- Driver Easy recommends the latest update for the drivers that are installed in your system.
- Driver Easy also offers you to disable update notifications for any driver that you are not using.
- Using Driver Easy, you can download Windows Updates at a higher speed than the default method available in Windows.
- Driver Easy also provides information regarding your CPU, GPU, motherboard, network cards, and many more.
Some More Details About Driver Easy:
- Latest Version – 22.214.171.124863
- Available for Windows version – Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- File Size – 4.84 MB
- Available in Language – 14 Languages
- Cost – $29.95 for 1 year membership/3 PCs.
Is Driver Easy Safe or A Malware?
Yes, Driver Easy is totally safe to use. Driver Easy software cannot be considered Malware. Neither does it comes along with any form of malware or virus that can cause your computer to malfunction.
I personally installed the free trial version of driver easy software. And I didn’t face any issue with the software. The only downside of the free trial version is that it offers very few features and low downloading speed. Other than that, everything was working absolutely fine for me. If you are a person just like me who doesn’t like to go to the Device Manager and install Driver Updates one by one, then you can completely rely on this tool.
How Is Driver Easy Performance-Wise?
The utility software Driver Easy was designed to update drivers, resolve corrupted or miscellaneous drivers that are slowing down PC’s performance. Moreover, the software’s size is just 7.08 MB, and it doesn’t have too much impact on your CPU or the overall performance of your computer.
While running in the background, Driver Easy software consumes less than 20% of your CPU. Hence you shouldn’t face any issues because of this software; however, the software is behaving abnormally and consuming a huge amount of Disk Space and CPU. Then in such a case, you simply need to terminate the Driver Easy software from Task Manager and then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Is Driver Easy Worth Buying?
Driver Easy currently has more than 3 million active users. Should you become part of this huge group? Is Driver Easy Safe to buy? Although using this utility software, you can easily download the latest updates for your drivers, but there are still numerous cons voices. Some of the cons are summarised as follows:
- The trial version of Driver Easy truly doesn’t make any sense. Most of the important features are only available in the premium version.
- Bulk downloading is restricted. More disappointingly, the software sometimes downloads an older or wrong driver rather than a suitable one. This wrong installation of video drivers can even cause a BSOD error.
- Another important issue that you might face using Driver Easy is High CPU usage. Because of this, your system might get slow or even get freeze sometimes.
- Driver Easy is tied up with lots of free software, and because of this reason, it will automatically install some unwanted software on your computer.
- Despite being a 3 million family, Driver Easy is not the most reliable third party utility software. You can easily update your drivers using Device Manager and Windows Update.
Some Questions Regarding Driver Easy:
Some Of The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Driver Easy software are:
1. Is Driver Easy A Virus?
As mentioned above, Driver Easy is not a virus. However, this tool is only recommended to those who don’t like to manually update the drivers by going to Device Manager or Windows Updates.
2. Is It Necessary To Download The Latest Updates Of Your Drivers?
Technically speaking, updating drivers is something that I personally don’t recommend to anyone. But it is important for you to update your drivers in situations such as:
- Fix outdated driver that is performing miscellaneously.
- Get the best performance from GPU and reduce the level of bugs in games.
3. Which Drivers Are Important For You To update?
Updating Drivers is one of the various ways by which you can increase the performance of your system. Some of the drivers that I personally recommend people to update are:
- BIOS update
- Display Driver
- Keyboard and Mouse Drivers
- Motherboard Driver
- Video Driver
So, the answer to your doubt, Is Driver Easy Safe to use or not, will be, “Yes!, it’s safe. Driver Easy software comes with almost no overall issue. And as a result, it will be our top recommendation if you are searching for a third-party driver update software. That’s all for this article. I hope all your doubts are clear by now. But if you still have any doubt regarding any of the points discussed above, then feel free to comment down below.