Snapchat is one of the leading social media apps, and it has its very unique feature that disappears messages from the chats in seconds. But this feature of Snapchat, also brings cons for its users, as there situations in which you will actually want to recover Snapchat messages but then there isn’t any way to do so after they get disappeared.
When a Snapchat message disappears it doesn’t delete permanently from the phone, it just disappears from the Snapchat app. Although, they are never actually deleted from your phone’s memory. Thus we can still retrieve those messages back. Let’s see how we can recover deleted Snapchat messages, keep reading!
How Can We Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages?
There are different methods that can help us retrieve our deleted Snapchat messages, in this article we have mentioned two methods, through which you can recover your data. We will also tell you the measures that you can take to not lose your messages in the future. So here are some way by which you can recover Snapchat messages:
1. Using File Manager
The following steps will help you recover Snapchat messages or pictures, on your mobile using File Manager application:
- Those deleted Snapchat messages are stored on your phone’s memory with a .nomedia extension and thus to recover, your messages you will have to use file manager application on your phone, you can either download a file manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Open file manager app, and look for the messages folder by going to data. Here you should find a folder named com.snapchat.android You will find several folders and sub-folders below it. Look through them and find all those files having .nomedia extension.
- Now, select every file with this extension.
- Now, rename all those files to remove the .nomedia extension from them. This will allow you to view all the messages inside it, find the message you want to recover and click on the “Recover” option.
This way you can simply recover Snapchat messages that had gotten deleted accidentally or disappeared. This is the simplest and the easiest way but also, at the same time it doesn’t guarantee to recover every message that got deleted.
2. Using FoneLab
FoneLab is an application that helps you to recover the deleted data from various apps, such as Snapchat. Thus, this application can help you recover all those deleted messages from Snapchat. You can use this app for both Android and iOS, let’s see how:
Using FoneLab application on your Windows/Mac, you can recover Snapchat messages on your iOS devices. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Download and install FoneLab on your laptop, either windows or mac.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Your device will automatically enter into “Recovery from iOS device” mode.
- Look for the ‘Start Scan” button on your iOS device and click it to begin the scan.
- After you scan the device, choose the folder from which you need to recover the data, in this case, look under the messages option, look for Snapchat messages.
- Now, select all the deleted messages that you want to recover and click the “Recover” button to retrieve the deleted messages.
- Select the folder where you want to locate those messages after recovering.
And you’re done, you must have recovered most of your deleted messages in this manner.
You can also use FoneLab for your android devices, to retrieve the deleted messages of Snapchat. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Download and install the FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool for Windows PC or Mac.
- Go to your phone settings and enable the USB debugging mode on your android devices, then with the help of USB cable connect your android phone to your computer.
- Go to the Android Data Recovery tab and select the “Contacts and Messages” option.
- After you are through this process, your phone will be automatically rooted in this application.
- Now the deleted messages will be scanned once you go through the follow-up instructions given by the application.
- When scanning is completed, you can see the deleted Snapchat messages, now just select the messages you want to retrieve and select “Recover”.
How To Save Messages On Snapchat?
Now, all those methods might not be completely efficient to recover all of your deleted messages, thus we would prefer that you take some measures to save them as you send them. Follow this step next time you use Snapchat, and keep saving your messages alongside:
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- The app will open up with your camera on, swipe left on the screen to see all your chats.
- Now, open any of the messages from your contacts and then type a message that you want to send.
- Click the “send” button and send that message.
- Now, after sending the message, long press on the message that you send and you will see, that message of yours will get highlighted. This means that the message now has been saved in the chats and it won’t disappear unless and until deleted or unsaved.
We have included all the possible ways and trusted ways that you can use to retrieve your messages back. But, as we keep saying we can’t guarantee there complete efficiency in retrieving all of your messages. Thus, take preventive measures so that you never lose your messages again while using Snapchat.
If you have any doubts, then do let us know in the comments below.