Searching for that specific message you received a while ago but still can’t find it? Well, there may be a possibility that you may have accidentally deleted it. Although, you cannot actually retrieve a message after it is deleted. You can still try to recover deleted Facebook messages by trying some methods that we are going to show you only in hopes of retrieving those messages again.
So, without delaying any further, let’s start with today’s blog post.
How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
When you delete a message on your Messenger, it’s gone forever. There is no way you can get them back. Unless you may have archived your message or there is a copy of it available. And lastly, you could ask the other recipient for your help. So, here we are just going to discuss some methods that might work for you and help you gain access to your deleted Facebook messages.
1. Check If The Message Is Archived
Archived is a feature where the message is hidden from your Messenger but isn’t permanently deleted. Sometimes it happens that instead of deleting the messages you end up selecting Hide Chat(iOS) or Archive Chat(Android) option. And both these options are available when you try to swipe left on Messenger.
To check your Archived messages, just follow some simple steps.
- Click on the Chat on the Messenger.
- Search the name of the person you want to retrieve the message from, in the search bar.
- If you have archived the messages, the person’s chat will show up. Now, you can simply click on the chat to check if the messages are still there.
You can also unarchive the chat by sending the person a new message. It will then show up on your chat list as well.
2. Download The Facebook Data
Facebook keeps the data saved on their server for some time. Therefore, there is a possibility that the messages you are looking for can be retrieved from Facebook data. However, it is only possible if Facebook hasn’t deleted the data yet. If it is still available then you can easily download it by following some steps.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Go to Settings and then General Account Settings.
- Select the ‘Your Facebook Information‘ option available on the left side of the page.
- Now, choose Download Your Information. Next, select View.
- Next, you need to choose the format you want to download from the list.
- Check the Messages option from the list. You can also uncheck any option you don’t want to download.
- Choose Create File to start the download process. And if asked, give your password.
- Select Download to continue.
Once you complete all the steps mentioned, it is immediately be sent to your email. This way you can recover deleted Facebook messages.
3. Ask The Other Person If They Can Send You a Copy
When you delete a conversation from your side, it does not get deleted from the other person’s Messenger. It will be available until they decide to delete their conversation.
One of the simplest ways on this list is to contact the other person involved in the conversation. And ask them to send you the messages in the form of screenshots or copies. It might seem weird, but it is one such method that can help you hassle-free. And if the data you are looking for is crucial, then it is worth a try.
4. Recover By Connecting Your Android Device To PC
If you still haven’t got the solution for how to recover deleted Facebook messages then maybe this section can help. Simply follow the steps mentioned.
- Connect your phone to your PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Now, permit access to the device. Go to Internal Storage or SD card.
- Click on the ‘Android‘ then ‘Data’ and search “com.facebook.orca.”
- Next, get to the Cache folder and search fb_temp. Here, explore your Facebook messages through backup.
This method is a little complex. However, following the given instruction you can easily retrieve the deleted Facebook messages.
5. Recover Using Third-Party Apps
Several third-party apps in the market help you recover deleted Facebook Messages. The professional data recovery software helps you extract deleted photos, messages, and contacts from your device. It supports almost every model be it an Android phone or tablet. Some of these third-party apps are Stellar Data Recovery, InfoSource, and much more.
One of the best parts of it is that it comes with multiple languages. It also supports different formats like HTML and PDF to export the recovered data. You can even recover your files affected by malware. Besides, it is simple and quick in its work.
You can find many recovery tools that may be paid or unpaid. However, you need to be careful as well. Not all recovery tools can help you retrieve your data. Some recovery tools can be a fraud as well. For instance, the owner will ask you for some fees in exchange for data recovery services. But you won’t receive any data in return. In fact, they might even steal your data. So, stay away from such traps. Only go for a legit data recovery tool.
So, these were few workarounds that can help you recover deleted Facebook messages. I am sure that one of these methods will help you. So, do follow these methods immediately and check if you succeed. If you still can’t access your data, you can definitely check out the Facebook Help Center. Also, several other suggestions include third-party apps. However, not all sites are genuine so it would be better to stay away.