Once in our life, we have all regretted saying some things out of anger which we didn’t mean. And this happens very often in today’s world as we all communicate through chats. And thus, it becomes easier to take back those words which we don’t mean. We have the option to delete those messages as soon as one regrets sending it.
Facebook is one of the most used social apps between teenagers these days, it is a social hub for youngsters where they meet new people and communicate with each other. Now, what if you want to keep up with your privacy and suddenly wants to delete all Facebook messages? I am going to answer this question in this article, although if you’ve been using this app for a while now, then you might know the trick.
How To Delete All Facebook Messages From Your Facebook Account?
In this article, I will tell you how you can delete your messages using different platforms such as Android, iOS, or from the browser. By the end of the article, I will also give certain information on how you can hide your messages in your Facebook account. So let’s get into the article:
To delete messages on Facebook from your Android mobile phones, you can follow the given steps but you will need an application to do so, install it and then go through the steps:
- Now to delete all Facebook messages from your Android mobile phones, you need to have messenger pre-installed on your phone.
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Now, choose the chat you want to delete and touch and hold on to that message.
- A context menu will appear on the screen, click on “Delete” from the options.
And it is done, you will have to do this process with every chat that you have until you have deleted them all. Remember, the chats that you delete from your account will still stay in your friend’s account.
The following steps can be followed for deleting all your Facebook messages from your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Facebook Messenger on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, simply tap and hold onto the conversation you no longer want.
- A context menu will appear on the screen, choose “Delete Conversation” from the options.
- You will have to confirm the selection by tapping Delete Conversation.
This way, you can only delete one chat at a time. Therefore, you need to repeat this process until all your messages are deleted. This is a lengthy process.
You can also your browser to delete your Facebook messages, you can do so by following the given steps:
- From the browser, log in to your Facebook account.
- Head to your chats and then click See All in messenger.
- Click on the wheel icon next to a conversation.
- Click Delete from the options that appear if you want to erase all the messages.
Extension For Browser To Remove Messages
Extensions become a part of your web browser and allow you to perform various functions on a website. Like if you want to delete multiple messages from your Facebook message history, you will need to add an extension to your web browser. Whether it’s Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer you can begin by using Google to pull up the Web Store. Follow the given steps to delete all Facebook messages:
1. First of all, as said you need a browser extension so install one for your browser both Chrome or Firefox.
3. Now, after you’ve installed them then, you have to simply log in to your Facebook account as you normally do.
4. After logging in, head to the inbox where you will see all the conversations that you’ve done.
6. As you click that option, a pop-up box will appear confirming if you want to delete all messages, simply confirm it.
7. After a while, you’ll see all your chat history will get deleted.
You just saved yourself from a monotonous task of deleted every chat personally one by one, it would take a lot of your time. Whereas, this way you can erase all Facebook messages in just a click.
Archive Your Facebook Messages
If you don’t want to delete your messages permanently, but you also want to hide them for a while then follow the given steps. This way you can hide your conversations without deleting them, and they will reappear if you receive a message from that particular person to whom those chats belong.
1. You should have Messenger pre-installed in your Android/iPhone and if you are using browser you won’t need it.
2. Hover onto the conversation that you like to archive or hide.
3. Go to Settings in Messenger, and click on “Archive threads”.
Following these steps, you can hide your messages and when you want to have a look at them, simply go to Settings in Facebook Messenger and click on “Hidden Chats” to see them or recover those messages.
Through this article, we have made you familiar with both ways to delete all Facebook messages, i.e. the slow but efficient way by deleting chats one-by-one or a fast way by using the extension for your browser. I hope this article comes to your use and helps you in deleting your messages.